Illinois’ Voice for Consumer Choice
The Illinois Renewable Fuels Association supports the Illinois ethanol industry by pursuing legislative initiatives, conducting research, and developing infrastructure – all so Illinois consumers can have cheaper, more environmentally friendly options at the pump!
The Illinois Renewable Fuels Association (IRFA) is a member association formed in 2009 to help foster the development and growth of the ethanol industry in Illinois through education, promotion, research, legislation and infrastructure development. The IRFA works closely with and supports the national ethanol trade organizations regarding national legislation, ethanol policy and regulations.
How America is Fueling the Country
Illinois Ethanol Facts
By The Numbers:
- 6.25 million tons of dried distillers grains and soluables produced worth $1.375 billion
- $5.29 Billion in total economic impact
- 4000 + full time jobs
- $3.8 Billion worth of Illinois corn purchased
- Illinois produced enough ethanol to displace 35% of the state’s petroleum usage
- $37 Million in state or local revenue
- $39 Million in federal revenue